Uterine fibroids are benign tumours that grow outside, inside or within the wall of the uterus (womb). Composed of muscle and fibrous tissue, these growths are sometimes known as fibromyomas, leiomyomas or uterine myomas. Scientists are still not certain why fibroids occur but there is some evidence to suggest that the over-production of the hormone oestrogen plays a role in fibroid growth.
As a result, most natural treatments for fibroids, including diet therapy, focuses on reducing oestrogen and balancing the female reproductive hormones generally to combat fibroid growth. Also, any condition which is linked to hormones should also include a treatment to boost the liver so that it can rid the body of excess toxins efficiently.
As the use of refined medications and surgical operations have caused unwanted damages to a lot of women’s reproductive system, natural therapies have proven to be a reliable alternative.
What Are Fibroid Shrinking Foods?
These are foods which are part of an anti-oestrogen eating plan. The idea is to exclude some foods from your diet which are likely to encourage oestrogen production and in doing so, reduce the size of fibroids, prevent further growths and reduce symptoms of fibroids.
Always aim for organic produce where possible to avoid chemicals and toxins, in particular environmental oestrogens (xenoestrogens) which are sprayed on food plants. The following are a list of products which are recommended for women with fibroids:
Vegetables and fruits like broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, kale, turnip, watercress, radish and rocket (arugula). These are cruciferous vegetables which can help the liver detox and rid the body of excess oestrogens. Avoid overcooking vegetables to get the best value from them in this regard.
Foods which can detoxify the blood are garlic, carrots, beets and artichokes. Drink plenty of water to help with detoxification. This also helps if you suffer from breast fibroids.
- Eat foods containing natural carotenes such as apricots, sweet potato, cantaloupe, carrots, pumpkin and spinach.
- Add foods rich in vitamin E to your diet including almonds, wheat germ, hazelnuts and cod liver oil.
- Green tea, which contains the useful antioxidant polyphenol, can counteract the effects of oestrogen.
- Season your food with fresh rosemary and snack on pineapple. Both are a natural anti-inflammatory substances.
Foods To Avoid
Avoid any food which naturally increases oestrogen levels, or which recycles oestrogen into a more aggressive form. These foods include alcohol and animal fats such as red meat. Any excess fat on white meat like turkey and chicken should be trimmed before cooking. Also avoid cheese, cream, butter, ice cream and chocolate.
- Replace full fat milk with low fat milk.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid Soya and Soya products as a few studies indicate that it may have oestrogen boosting effects.
- Avoid ready-made entrees which are packaged in plastic containers. Plastic can leech into the food which has an effect on oestrogen levels.
- Never leave a plastic/nylon food wrap on food while heating in a microwave.
If you want to help yourself get rid of fibroid, you should follow these advices to the letter. Your health is important!
If you desire a fast and natural treatment for fibroid without surgery, read ‘’how to get rid of fibroid without surgery’’
Don’t forget to share this write-up with a lot of women you know. You can give us your feedback, questions and comments in the box below.
PS – Will you like to receive our free tips and home remedies to get rid of fibroid naturally via your email? Click here to sign-up for it.
Stay Healthy And Never Give Up!
Plan B Wellness Center
Email – email@example.com
Twitter – @planbwellness